Sunday, June 16, 2024

JAYWALKING

Looking ahead to 2025, JayWalking Guelph is evolving. As I ramp up the live theatre performances, the name JayWalking Guelph creates confusion. For the live theatre shows there is no walking and no Guelph.

That doesn't mean the walking tours are over, it just means the focus is shifting.

I will spend more time on "Lilt of Laughter, Trace of Tears" - watch for news about the 2025 Ontario tour. 

"Heads and Tales", a new show will replace the storytelling gigs. "Heads and Tales" is fun. I throw the titles of all the recitations I have learned over the years into a hat. Audience members then draw out a title and whatever they select, I recite with no two shows being alike.

And of course there's the Christmas Show, "Isn't That The Dickens". It is going to see a lot more action as audiences love that show.

However you can see the name JayWalking Guelph is awkward. Who's going to go to JayWalking Guelph at Eventbrite to buy tickets to a show called Lilt of Laughter, Trace of Tears in Owen Sound for example?

I never in my wildest dreams thought when I began JayWalking Guelph that one day there would be a subsidiary JayBird Theatre! Hard to settle on a name. Right now, I think I am going to go with simply JAYWALKING.

Another twist to all of this is the walking tours are moving inside. I am getting more requests for the indoor versions than the walking tours themselves. Even the tours are changing. Scheduled performances of the tours where individuals can buy tickets is waning yet group sales whereby groups can book any tour, any day, any time is on the increase.

The key to success is to remain flexible. Give audiences what they want. I'm looking forward to seeing where JayWalking leads in the next few years.