Friday, January 20, 2023

Lilt of Laughter, Trace of Tears - Irish Tales and other recitations


Over the past couple of years, I have added delightful Irish tales to my repertoire. The stories come from a family friend, Charlene Herrold (1919-2009). 

Hear amusing stories such as: The Courting Notion, Out of Time, The Tourist Dollar, Francis O'Feline, Haggerty's Wake.

To honour Charlene Herrold, writer of these delightful stories, good friend Robin Baird Lewis has given these tales a home: Ballycarlene. You'll see what I mean soon.

These tales have proven to be immensely popular at storytelling events and now this one man show is available for your theatre, library, community hall, social club...

"...I have to know where I am going to if it is expecting me to get you there that you are."

"Turn around you fractious bastard and head for the sea. We're taking Dev swimming if it kills you."

"Every accent known to man I'd been hearing and all voice owners indicating how willing they were to plant a toe of their boot forent me behind."